Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sad

I have been missing Ethiopia a lot more lately.  I don’t really know why.  Maybe it is because I am constantly thinking about it because I am in major preparation and fundraising mode.  I would say 95% of my awake time is spent thinking about and anticipating my upcoming trip.  I am just now at the 4-mth mark. . .October 2nd can’t get here fast enough.  I sometimes feel bad saying that, as if in some way my wonderful friends and family will misconstrue that to mean that I won’t miss then immensely.  I will. . .a lot, but God has made a place for me in Ethiopia and it’s as if a part of me is missing because I am not with my new family.  I am just now beginning to process how intensely I will miss everyone here in the States and it is a bit overwhelming at times but I know where I belong and I can’t wait until I fit in again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment