Thursday, February 16, 2012

World Together Children's Choir

A few weeks back I had the opportunity to attend the National Theatre in Addis Ababa and watch the World Together Children's Choir sing.  I used to love to go to plays, musicals, and concerts in America so I wanted to check one out in Ethiopia.  I am so glad that I did!  We took a van-full of 10 people and drove into the city to watch the choir.

They started the show with an Ethiopian montage.  There are approximately 85 different tribes in Ethiopia and they all have their own diverse culture, customs, singing, and dancing.  It was really cool to see a performance that combined a few of these tribes.

They sang songs from different parts of the world such as Germany, Russia, and the Netherlands.  It was really interesting to see a choir of Ethiopian children yodeling!!  They finished the performance with "Heal the World" by Michael Jackson and "O Happy Day".  "O Happy Day" was a different version than I have ever heard but it was so cool.

I really had a great time at the concert and I tried to upload video so you could enjoy it as well but there was an issue.  So you can go to my facebook group:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/185514348167457/

No comments:

Post a Comment