Monday, January 14, 2013

508 pounds of beef!


I am so happy to write this post.  During this Christmas season I felt a bit like Santa Clause as I was able to bless many families with gifts and food this year.  But the biggest thing, the most best thing, is that because of the support that I receive from my supporters we were able to bless 113 families by giving them each 4.5lbs of meat for Christmas!  Yes, that’s right.  I purchased and distributed (and by “I distributed” I clearly mean that Mussie distributed) approximately 508lbs of meat!!!

I am so blessed that I am able to help families in need here in Ethiopia because of my faithful supporters in the States.  Families here hardly ever get meat because it is too expensive for their incomes.  I knew that it would be a huge blessing for the families to receive meat on Christmas Eve so they could prepare dishes for their families.  Kids here are so lacking in protein and iron that I know this meat did them some good.

The families were so happy and excited!  They said that no one had ever thought of that before and they were so surprised by this gift.  Thank you to everyone that made this possible.  I am so blessed that I get to act as your arms reaching from America!!



I promise they were happier then they look here.  They just didn't want their picture taken.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment