Sunday, September 25, 2011

One week to go

Guess what?!?!?!  I leave for Ethiopia one week from today!  I am so excited that the time has finally come and I absolutely can not wait!!!!!!!!!!!!  But at the same time it is so bittersweet to think about leaving my family, Anderson, and my HPC family.  I really wasn't expecting to be so emotional about leaving.  I had been concentrating so much on the excitement of this new adventure and knowing that I am going exactly where God wants me to go that I didn't even consider how I would feel about leaving.  I have had some very emotional days.  Days where I was so sad all I did was lay on the couch.  Some days it has been exhausting just to take a shower.

There was a period of about 7 years of my life that I was utterly convinced that people didn't care about me.  That people would be better off if I wasn't around so I wouldn't be a burden on them.  There was a time when I felt so alone.  I have never felt as loved as I do in Anderson, SC and at High Praises Church.  God has blessed me with so many people that love me, care for me, and truly want the best for me.  He has blessed me with people that, even though they will miss me, has helped me to realize God's calling for my life.  I realize now that this is why it is so emotional for me to leave.  It's not because I am second guessing God's will or because deep-down I don't really want to go.  It's because God has blessed me with so many people that, not only do I so deeply love, but that love me the same in return and I am going to miss that so much.

2 comments: