Friday, September 23, 2011

Overwhelmed by clothes!!

I am overwhelmed. . .in a great way!  Before I quit working at my secular job in July, a teammate approached me and said that she wanted to do a clothing drive and ask teammates in our region to donate kids and teen clothing.  I got back from Texas and Sherry, the teammate whose idea it was to do the clothing drive, called me and said that her office and adjoining work area were packed with clothes.  We set up a time for me to come in to the office to start sorting through the clothes.

Well, I walked in her office this past Tuesday and stopped in my tracks.  I just stood there and stared at piles, and piles, and boxes, and more boxes of clothes, shoes, and school supplies.  Sherry then told me to turn around.  When I did, I couldn't believe what I was seeing.  In the adjoining work area near her office were more bags of clothes!!  To say I was overwhelmed would be putting it mildly.

I am really at a loss for words at the generosity of my former teammates.  What is most amazing about this, is that Sherry opened up this opportunity to the whole region and outside of the offices right here in Anderson, I don't know most of the region, nor do they know me.  But God allowed all of these people to come together to bless the precious children of Debre Zeyit and for that I am so very grateful.

I don't have children of my own, but now I know what parents mean when they say that when someone blesses their child it in turn blesses them.  These children in the BCI program are my babies and when they are blessed I am blessed beyond measure.

THANK YOU SO MUCH to my wonderful teammates at SunTrust!  Remember-"Solid Gives Back".

No comments:

Post a Comment