Thursday, August 2, 2012

New Members in God's Family


We had another great day at our Women’s Bible Study.  I really love the Bible study that I co-lead at Zion Church.  The women are great and we always have a great time together learning about God.  Yesterday I shared a message entitled “Our Identity in Christ”.  I talked about how the Hebrew boys in Daniel that were taken from their homes and brought to Babylon to serve under King Neb (I love the shortened version of his name!) were given new names.  Their old names referred to and honored God.  Their new names gave credit to Babylon’s false idols.  I may post my message about this later, but right now that is not the point of this blog.  
Yesterday, we had two new people to our study.  I met Kori earlier this week.  I heard that her daughter died of HIV complications and left behind two children for her to care for.  I decided to go visit Kori and the kids.  I had never met them before but I wanted to go visit to check on them, pray for them, and see if I could help in any way.  
Zerahun was also new to women’s Bible study.  He (yes, he) is cousins with one of our other members.  It was different having a man at women’s Bible study but if someone needs to hear God’s word, then they are welcome!!
After I shared my message about who we are in Christ and about the labels from our past that we need to get rid of, Nigist asked Kori and Zerahun if they wanted to accept Jesus Christ as their personal savior and they both said yes!  We then prayed for them and it was such a sweet time with the Lord.  They are scheduled to start Bible classes with the church next week.  Praise Jesus!!!  I wish I could hear the Angels in Heaven celebrating!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Jonnett for the encouraging words and for doing battle on the front lines! You are an asset to BCI!

    ReplyDelete