Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Things we want and/or need


My visit to the States is quickly approaching!  I am so looking forward to visiting but I know I am going to miss Ethiopia deeply.  But God will provide comfort in my sad hours.  Some of you have already asked what you can send back to Ethiopia with me.  I thank you so much for caring for our needs here.  Here is a list of things I/we need/want:

*Art supplies (glitter, paint, paintbrushes, markers, crayons, construction paper, child scissors, stickers, etc)
*Canned/packaged meat (ham, salmon, tuna, chicken)
*Sports equipment (soccer balls, jump ropes, ping pong paddles & balls, whistles)
*Children’s underwear and socks (ages baby-teenagers for boys & girls)
*Underwear and bras for women (most women here are smaller sizes like 0-6 but there are some bigger)

However, I will have a limited amount of space in my luggage due to airplane restrictions so if everyone donates a lot of varied items I may have a hard time packing it all.  If you would like to donate any of the above mentioned items, I would greatly appreciate it.  But, if you could donate a Wal-Mart gift card then I can purchase items that I can make sure I can pack in an efficient manner.

Every donation we receive is so appreciated.  It is really hard to find high quality items in Ethiopia.  Also, most items are imported making the costs very high.  Some things are impossible to even find here.  Thank you in advance for your help and sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment