Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Clothes, clothes, clothes!

I am so excited to post this!!  This is a dream realized for me.  It may seem small to some, but it is huge for me.

When visiting missionaries come they always bring a lot of clothes for the babies and small children.  I understand why this happens-they are cuter clothes and they are smaller so more can be packed.  Hardly ever do people bring clothes for the teenagers that I work with.  

This has weighed heavily on my mind for quite some time.  I finally felt God’s gentle voice telling me that I didn’t have to wait for someone else to remedy the problem-I could do it.  So I went online and went on a HUGE shopping spree.  Belk was having a big online sale so I took full advantage of it.  Nothing cost over $7 and most things were around $4.

I ordered 115 pieces of clothing for our teenagers-boys and girls.  My poor sister had the boxes delivered to her house but she was gracious enough to take some pictures for me.  

Some of the brand-new clothes!!


I absolutely can not wait to bring back these brand new clothes for our young adults.  Now. . .how will I get them back here?  Oh well, that is a good problem for me to work on.  :)

Because of the financial support that I receive from friends, family, and church members I am able to do projects like this.  For that I am so grateful and I am so happy that you are part of this project.  Not everyone can go to a mission field far away but everyone can give-whether in finances or prayer.  So THANK  YOU! 


I will post pictures when the distribution happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment