Friday, August 2, 2013

Our family is growing!

So pretty soon we will be a family of 5.  Mussie’s nephew, Makrab, will be moving in with us.  I am not going to go into all of the reasons of why he is not with his birth parents, due to family privacy, but he is in need of a home.  Makrab is 7 years old and will be going into 2nd grade.  Due to health problems early in his life, Makrab looks to be about 5 years old or so.  Rebirra (my 3 year old) is heavier than Makrab!!

Super cute Makrab.


We are all excited about Makrab’s arrival but we know that it will bring some challenges.  He still suffers from some health issues.  Both of my kids are relatively healthy so we haven’t had to deal with any health problems as of yet.  This will bring a new dimension to the family.  

I want to make sure that Makrab feels welcome and not like the “outsider kid”.  We will treat him just like we treat our other children but you know sometimes children perceive things that aren’t necessarily there.

We request prayer during this time as we make a change in our family.  I already had my trip to the States planned (my Ethiopian visa is expiring) before we decided to take Makrab in so I will be gone for 5 weeks while he is getting settled.  One of Mussie’s sisters will be staying at the house to help with the children so we are confident that his transition will be okay, seeing as how he is really close with his aunt that is coming to stay.

For the past two years, when I would look at my future, I saw my house filled with children that needed homes.  I guess it’s coming true.  :)


Thanks for the prayers!

3 comments:

  1. Say WHAT?????? That's awesome!!!!!!! God is definately designing you family. Love you, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome story I can't wait to hear more about it. I want you to know you are never far from my thoughts and prayers!! I'll be adding this to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Jonnett and Mussie! Your family is blessed to have you! Your family is God picked for sure! Love, Sheila

    ReplyDelete