Saturday, October 30, 2010

I have been back in SC for 4 days now and it is still so surreal that I am not with the babies in Ethiopia.  I haven't really been affected by jet-lag but I have felt like I have been in a fog.  When I was in Ethiopia I really immersed myself, not to sound rude but I rarely thought about home-I was just so consumed with what was going on around me, that it has been difficult to get back into the swing of things here in America.  I literally feel like I left my heart behind and it is hard to function without it.

I plan to update this blog occasionally and highlight individual families and people to give you a little more information about the people that I met and what I was doing while over there.  I pray that some of the blog readers are lead to help some of the people that they "met" through my blog.  There is so much need and many ways to be of help.

In an earlier blog I wrote about a family that I met and mentioned that I wanted to repair their roof on their house.  Here are some pics:

This is right above Betselote and Efrata's bed.  I could see the sky through this hole!

Ceiling in the living room.
Living room ceiling.

The precious Aunt.

Betselote and Efrata
The family needs approx. $800 to fix their roof but my goal is to raise $1000 for this family.  We all know how construction goes so it may cost more.  If not, the family will have extra money for clothes and food.  I have already been given $300 for this project!!  I am so excited and grateful that my friends and family care about people that I love half-way across the world. 

I know that everyone cannot go on missions trips and see the need first-hand but it is my hope that through me and my blog, you can help people that you have never met.  If you have any questions as to how you can be used-don't hesitate to ask me.  I know that not everyone can help monetarily and I also know that you may have other projects and people that you are supporting but I ask that everyone please pray for the people of Debre Zeyit, Ethiopia.  They are in desperate need of healing from HIV/AIDS, food, shelter, clothes, and medical care.

No comments:

Post a Comment