Sunday, March 2, 2014

Going to the States for Training



I am coming to the States in May for a training.  It will be just a short, 2-week trip with only one of those weeks being in South Carolina.

I will be attending the ICAP (International Christian Alliance on Prostitution) Global Training in Wisconsin.  This is a training that I heard about and was invited to back in April of 2012 and I have been excited since then to attend this trip.  But some things came up at the beginning of the year for Mussie and me that threatened my ability to attend this training.  I had to wait to hear answers back from those things to see if I would be able to attend the training and I am happy to say that I am going!!

I was really praying that I would be able to attend the training and I was really conflicted when it seemed I wouldn’t be able to go.  But I prayed about it and God made a way!

This is going to be a great training for me so I can get the upcoming prostitution ministry up and moving from just a project proposal to an actual ministry!  Not only will this training benefit me but I will be able to take back a lot of valuable resources to the Ethiopians that will actually be running the ministry-resources that they wouldn’t normally have access to-so they will better be able to perform their jobs.

I know this training will be invaluable.  Last April I went to a training that was held in my town of Debre Zeit, Ethiopia that was geared towards ministries in Africa that do prostitute rehabilitation ministries. The speakers there were amazing and insightful and some of them will be speaking at the global conference in May.  I am super excited to be able to train amongst people from all over the world that have the same passion for these women as I do.

I will be in the States from May 15-June 1.  Please pray for me as I go on this trip and attend this training.

No comments:

Post a Comment